Abstract:Two recurrence relations are derived for the computation of the integral of the associated Legendre functions of real argument and integer order and degree.
- Philip M. Morse and Herman Feshbach, Methods of theoretical physics. 2 volumes, McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York-Toronto-London, 1953. MR 0059774
- M. K. Paul, Recurrence relations for integrals of associated Legendre functions, Bull. Géodésique 52 (1978), no. 3, 177–190. MR 508198, DOI 10.1007/BF02521771 W. M. Robertson, Spherical Geodetic Transformations, Vol. I of II, Report No. R-l181, The Charles Stark Draper Laboratories, Inc., Cambridge, Mass. 02139, September 1978.
- E. T. Whittaker and G. N. Watson, A course of modern analysis, Cambridge Mathematical Library, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1996. An introduction to the general theory of infinite processes and of analytic functions; with an account of the principal transcendental functions; Reprint of the fourth (1927) edition. MR 1424469, DOI 10.1017/CBO9780511608759 B. Zondek, Aggregation Errors of Cell-Averaged Geoid Heights, Naval Surface Weapons Center, Dahlgren Laboratory, TR-3608, April 1977.
- © Copyright 1982 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Math. Comp. 38 (1982), 547-551
- MSC: Primary 33A45; Secondary 33A65
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0025-5718-1982-0645670-5
- MathSciNet review: 645670