Abstract:Holomorphic maps of the unit disk into a complex manifold X, which miss an analytic subset A of codimension $\geqslant 2$, are shown to be dense in all holomorphic maps of the disk into X. This implies that the Kobayashi pseudodistance on $X - A$ is the same as that on X, and thus leads to some new examples of nonhyperbolic manifolds containing no lines.
Robert Brody, Intrinsic metrics and measures on compact complex manifolds, Thesis, Harvard Univ., Cambridge, Mass., May 1975.
- L. Andrew Campbell and Roy H. Ogawa, On preserving the Kobayashi pseudodistance, Nagoya Math. J. 57 (1975), 37–47. MR 372258
- Mark Lee Green, Some Picard theorems for holomorphic maps to algebraic varieties, Amer. J. Math. 97 (1975), 43–75. MR 367302, DOI 10.2307/2373660
- Shoshichi Kobayashi, Hyperbolic manifolds and holomorphic mappings, Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 2, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1970. MR 0277770
- H. L. Royden, The extension of regular holomorphic maps, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 43 (1974), 306–310. MR 335851, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-1974-0335851-X
- © Copyright 1976 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 60 (1976), 106-108
- MSC: Primary 32H15
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1976-0425186-0
- MathSciNet review: 0425186