Abstract:It is characterized when a bilateral operator weighted shift is a Cowen-Douglas operator.
- M. J. Cowen and R. G. Douglas, Complex geometry and operator theory, Acta Math. 141 (1978), no. 3-4, 187–261. MR 501368, DOI 10.1007/BF02545748
- Ralph Gellar, Operators commuting with a weighted shift, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 23 (1969), 538–545. MR 259641, DOI 10.1090/S0002-9939-1969-0259641-X
- Chunlan Jiang and Zongyao Wang, Strongly irreducible operators on Hilbert space, Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics Series, vol. 389, Longman, Harlow, 1998. MR 1640067
- Alan Lambert, Unitary equivalence and reducibility of invertibly weighted shifts, Bull. Austral. Math. Soc. 5 (1971), 157–173. MR 295128, DOI 10.1017/S000497270004702X
- J. Li, Y. Ji and S. Sun, The essential spectrum and Banach reducibility of operator weighted shifts (in Chinese), it to appear in Acta Math. Sinica.
- Allen L. Shields, Weighted shift operators and analytic function theory, Topics in operator theory, Math. Surveys, No. 13, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, R.I., 1974, pp. 49–128. MR 0361899
- You Qing Ji
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, Jilin University, Changchun 130012, People’s Republic of China
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Juexian Li
- Affiliation: Department of Mathematics, Liaoning University, Shenyang 110036, People’s Republic of China
- Yihua Yang
- Affiliation: Changchun Arts and Science College for Adults, Changchun 130000, People’s Republic of China
- Received by editor(s): November 1, 1999
- Published electronically: May 21, 2001
- Additional Notes: The first author was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (19901011).
The second author was supported by NEF of Liaoning Education Commission of China.
- Communicated by: Joseph A. Ball
- © Copyright 2001 American Mathematical Society
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 129 (2001), 3205-3210
- MSC (2000): Primary 47B10, 47B37
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-01-06031-2
- MathSciNet review: 1844994