Abstract:In this note we prove exponential convergence to time-periodic states of the solutions of space-time periodic Hamilton-Jacobi equations, assuming that the Aubry set is the union of a finite number of hyperbolic periodic orbits of the Euler-Lagrange flow. The period of limiting solutions is the least common multiple of the periods of the orbits in the Aubry set. This extends a result that was obtained by Iturriaga and the author for the autonomous case.
- Luis Barreira and Claudia Valls, Hölder Grobman-Hartman linearization, Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. 18 (2007), no. 1, 187–197. MR 2276493, DOI 10.3934/dcds.2007.18.187
- G. R. Belitskii, On the Grobman-Hartman theorem in class $C^\alpha$. Unpublished preprint.
- Patrick Bernard, Smooth critical sub-solutions of the Hamilton-Jacobi equation, Math. Res. Lett. 14 (2007), no. 3, 503–511. MR 2318653, DOI 10.4310/MRL.2007.v14.n3.a14
- Patrick Bernard, Connecting orbits of time dependent Lagrangian systems, Ann. Inst. Fourier (Grenoble) 52 (2002), no. 5, 1533–1568 (English, with English and French summaries). MR 1935556
- G. Contreras, R. Iturriaga, H. Sánchez-Morgado, Weak solutions of the Hamilton Jacobi equation for Time Periodic Lagrangians. Preprint. arXiv:1207.0287.
- Renato Iturriaga and Héctor Sánchez-Morgado, Hyperbolicity and exponential convergence of the Lax-Oleinik semigroup, J. Differential Equations 246 (2009), no. 5, 1744–1753. MR 2494686, DOI 10.1016/j.jde.2008.12.012
- Fathi A. The Weak KAM Theorem in Lagrangian Dynamics. To appear in Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics.
- E. Guerra and H. Sánchez-Morgado, Vanishing viscosity limits for space-time periodic Hamilton-Jacobi equations. Comm. Pure App. Analysis. 13 (2014) no. 1, 331-346. MR3082564.
- John N. Mather, Action minimizing invariant measures for positive definite Lagrangian systems, Math. Z. 207 (1991), no. 2, 169–207. MR 1109661, DOI 10.1007/BF02571383
- Kaizhi Wang and Jun Yan, The rate of convergence of new Lax-Oleinik type operators for time-periodic positive definite Lagrangian systems, Nonlinearity 25 (2012), no. 7, 2039–2057. MR 2947934, DOI 10.1088/0951-7715/25/7/2039
- Héctor Sánchez-Morgado
- Affiliation: Instituto de Matemáticas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México. México DF 04510, México
- MR Author ID: 340702
- ORCID: 0000-0003-3981-408X
- Email: email@example.com
- Received by editor(s): June 13, 2012
- Received by editor(s) in revised form: May 11, 2013
- Published electronically: October 22, 2014
- Communicated by: Walter Craig
- © Copyright 2014
American Mathematical Society
The copyright for this article reverts to public domain 28 years after publication.
- Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 143 (2015), 731-740
- MSC (2010): Primary 37J50, 49L25, 35F21; Secondary 70H20
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-2014-12290-8
- MathSciNet review: 3283659