Since 1940, Mathematical Reviews® (MR) has served researchers and scholars in the mathematical sciences by providing timely information on peer-reviewed articles and books. MathSciNet®, the electronic version of MR, presents a fully searchable database with many tools designed to help navigate the mathematical sciences literature, including:
- reviews written by a community of experts
- bibliographic listings dating back to the early 1800s
- links to articles, journals, and publishers
- linked reference lists
- citation information on articles, books, and journals
- Editorial Statement
- Mathematical Reviews Policy on Indexing Journals
- Editors and Editorial Committee
- Authors in the MR Database
- Help Pages for MathSciNet®
- MathSciNet® QuickStart Guide
- The History of Mathematical Reviews
Search the Mathematics Subject Classification (MSC) scheme. This scheme, developed by the two reviewing databases, Mathematical Reviews® and Zentralblatt MATH, is used by them to classify book and article listings.
Find information about journals and serials covered by MR, learn more about MathSciNet®, and discover a collection of resources available from the AMS in support of librarian activities.
Find the tools you need as a reviewer, including review submission and the Guide for Reviewers.
Please email us if you are interested in being a reviewer.
Locate and access collections of digitized publications in the mathematical sciences or recommend additions to the registry.