Learn About Us
At the American Mathematical Society (AMS) we value excellence, inclusivity and teamwork. We work at the forefront of advancing and connecting the diverse mathematical community worldwide, and we are seeking curious, innovative, collaborative individuals to join our team.
The AMS serves 30,000 members and 570 institutions worldwide through programs and services that promote mathematical research and its uses, strengthen mathematical education, and foster awareness and appreciation of mathematics and its connections to other disciplines and everyday life.
What We Offer
- Hybrid work policy and excellent work-life balance
- Generous benefit offerings including:
- 9.5% employer contribution to 403(a) Retirement Plan
- 100% employer-paid Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Medical and Dental coverage with Employer cost share
- Voluntary Vision, Life/AD&D, and Long-term Care Insurance available through payroll deduction
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid time off starting at 21 days per year
- $500 Computing benefit to be used for set up of home office (for applicable roles)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and a welcoming environment
The AMS has three offices – our headquarters in Providence, Rhode Island; Mathematical Reviews in Ann Arbor, Michigan; and the Office of Government Relations in Washington, DC.
|Providence, RI||Ann Arbor, MI||Washington, D.C.|
Special Projects Officer
Assistant to the Department Editorial
No Open Positions
No Open Positions
Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position. The American Mathematical Society accepts resumes for posted positions only. Unsolicited resumes from any source are not retained. No third-party recruiters please.
All American Mathematical Society employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19. Benefit rates subject to change based on yearly renewals and budget allocations.
For additional information:
- Human Resources
- American Mathematical Society
- 201 Charles Street
- Providence, RI 02904-2213
- Phone: 401.455.4000
- Fax: 401.455.4006
- Email: Human Resources
The American Mathematical Society is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or immigration status.