Committee on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (CoEDI)
Summary of Committee Charge
The principal activities of the Committee on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion are as follows:
- Monitor and provide advice about the Society’s collection and dissemination of data relevant to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) concerns. The data should be used by the committee in bench-marking and in formulating goals. Dissemination should include periodic reports published in the Notices.
- Recommend and provide advice about self-assessment tools.
- Identify and develop programs to build diversity within the profession. Identify and organize activities to promote awareness of and education about EDI issues, such as panels or special sessions at JMM.
- Ensure that EDI issues are considered systemically throughout AMS; identify processes that support this, such as appropriate mechanisms for interacting with other committees on issues related to diversity.
- Review the committee's charge after five years and recommend any necessary changes.
View the full committee charge.
The next committee meeting will be held on February 25-26, 2021, in Providence, RI.
Travel Expense Voucher (Level P travel voucher)
A report on the previous calendar year is delivered to the January Council
AMS Staff Contact
Director of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
American Mathematical Society
201 Charles Street
Providence, RI 02904-2213