AMS Short Courses
The AMS Short Course is a two-day program held just prior to the annual JMM. It introduces mathematicians and students to emergent areas of applied mathematics to fuel curiosity, discovery and research. Led by experts, activities in each course address theoretical issues, numerical challenges and practical applications. Read a feature story about the experiences of participants in the 2022 Short Course.
The Short Course will not be held in 2024. Questions regarding the Short Course may be directed to the Programs Department.
Planning for Short Courses
Previous Short Courses
- 2023, Polynomial Systems, Homotopy Continuation and Applications, Boston, Massachusetts
- 2022, 3D Printing: Challenges and Applications, Virtual
- 2021, Mathematical and Computational Methods for Complex Social Systems, Virtual
- 2020, Mean Field Games: Agent-based Models to Nash Equilibria, Denver, Colorado
- 2019, Sum of Squares: Theory and Applications, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2018, Discrete Differential Geometry, San Diego, California
- 1973–Present, Full List of AMS Short Courses