Employment Services for PhD Mathematicians
Welcome! Now that you're about to receive a PhD, you need services that will help you manage a major job search. The AMS is here to help you with job ads, interviews, and advice. The AMS provides the automated MathJobs.org job application system and helps arrange interviews at the January JMM meetings. ALL services are free for applicants.
For those hiring or those seeking jobs, choose one or more of these services:
Also view these related services:
- Postdoctoral Job Offer Deadlines
- Advice for new PhDs
- BIG Career Center in the Exhibit Hall at the JMM
- Business Industry Government (BIG) Career Preparation Initiative
- Programs for graduate students and recent PhDs
- Data about the employment experience of new doctorates
- Information on academic recruitment and hiring
- Salary data from the Annual Survey
- AMS employment ad policy
- AMS coversheet is part of an applicant's Mathjobs.org account — establish an account, fill in the coversheet data, and it's automatically included in any application made via the Mathjobs system. You can also produce a pdf coversheet if you need it for other reasons.