Producing Your Article
Information for preparation of accepted articles
- Designed to help you prepare your article for publication by the AMS; contains information about all facets of the AMS publication process.
- The AMS strongly encourages you to prepare your article using the appropriate LaTeX author package.
- Author packages containing samples, templates, instructions, and style files are available bundled into a .zip file. If you are unable to use a .zip file, be sure to retrieve every file for the selected author package.
- For Journal of the American Mathematical Society, Mathematics of Computation, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society, and Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, you can also use customized templates from .
Preparing Electronic Manuscripts
- The AMS strongly encourages electronically prepared LaTeX manuscripts.
- Tips on Preparing a LaTeX Electronic Manuscript
- Benefits of Using LaTeX
Graphics Guidelines Provides detailed instructions for creating and preparing graphics for inclusion in an article. Following these guidelines will help your article move quickly through production.
- Color Policy The AMS normally does not include color graphics in the print version of its journals, except in special circumstances. (Note, however, that color graphics that appear in black and white in the print version will appear in color in the electronic version as submitted.) When the Managing Editor and Publisher mutually agree that color graphics are warranted, figures should have a resolution of at least 300 pixels per inch when printed at 100%. Ideally, they should be in EPS format; TIFF and JPEG are also acceptable. Note that PostScript is not the same as Encapsulated PostScript; the latter is a subset of the former.
- After an article that has been accepted in an AMS green open access journal is received at the AMS, a Consent to Publish form will be sent to all authors of the article. All authors must return a signed consent form before the article can be published.
Creative Commons License
- Articles published in an AMS gold open access journal will be distributed under the terms of either the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial License (CC-BY-NC) or the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). Authors are required to select a license before an article moves into production. Authors retain copyright to their articles under both CC-BY-NC and CC-BY.
- Use the Journals Permission Form to request written permission for use in your work of tables, figures, text, and other material taken from another source and previously published or owned by another author or publisher for use in both the print and electronic media.