The AMS does not provide abstracts of book reviews. You may download the entire review from the links below.
Full text of review: PDF This review is available free of charge.
Author: Nassif Ghoussoub
Title: Duality and perturbation methods in critical point theory
Additional book information: Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1993, xviii+258 pp., US$49.95. ISBN 0-521-44025-4.
-  Jean Mawhin and Michel Willem, Critical point theory and Hamiltonian systems, Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol. 74, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1989. MR 982267
-  Paul H. Rabinowitz, Minimax methods in critical point theory with applications to differential equations, CBMS Regional Conference Series in Mathematics, vol. 65, Published for the Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences, Washington, DC; by the American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 1986. MR 845785
-  Michael Struwe, Variational methods, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1990. Applications to nonlinear partial differential equations and Hamiltonian systems. MR 1078018
- J. Mawhin and M. Willem, Critical point theory and Hamiltonian systems, Springer, New York, 1989. MR 982267 (90e:58016)
- P. H. Rabinowitz, Minimax methods in critical point theory with applications to differential equations, CBMS Regional Conf. Ser. in Math., vol. 65, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1986. MR 845785 (87j:58024)
- M. Struwe, Variational methods, Springer, Berlin, 1990. MR 1078018 (92b:49002)
Reviewer: T. Bartsch
Journal: Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. 32 (1995), 162-166