Research and Travel Grants
The American Mathematical Society administers several travel grant programs, some funded by donations to the AMS, others by outside funding from sources such as the National Science Foundation (NSF). Most of these programs provide partial travel support.
Please see the individual program pages for more information about each type of grant, including deadlines, eligibility, and restrictions.
- - New! AMS-Simons Research Enhancement Grants for Primarily Undergraduate Institution (PUI) Faculty
- - AMS-Simons Travel Grants Program
- - AMS China Exchange Program Fan Fund Travel Grants from the AMS
- Support to the January Joint Mathematics Meetings (JMM)
- - AMS Graduate Student Travel Grants
- - AMS Undergraduate Travel Grants
- - Primarily Undergraduate Institution (PUI) Faculty Travel Grants
- Support to AMS Sectional Meetings
- - Graduate Student Travel Grants to Sectional Meetings
- Support to International Meetings
- - International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM) Travel Grants Program. Next meeting in 2026.
- - Mathematical Congress of the Americas (MCA) Travel Grants Program. Next meeting in 2025.
Questions about travel grants can be directed to the AMS Programs Department at 401-455-4060 (800-321-4267, ext. 4060, in the U.S. and Canada).