The distribution of modular representations into blocks
David W. Burry
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 78 (1980), 14-16
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: The p-modular representations of a finite group that are induced from a p-subgroup are investigated. A series of three results describing how these representations are distributed into p-blocks are presented. Several applications are discussed, including the result that there are a finite number of indecomposable p-modular representations (up to equivalence) in a p-block of a group if and only if its defect group is cyclic.
W. Burry, A strengthened theory of vertices and sources, J.
Algebra 59 (1979), no. 2, 330–344. MR 543254
Dornhoff, Group representation theory. Part B: Modular
representation theory, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, 1972. Pure and
Applied Mathematics, 7. MR 0347960
Hamernik, Indecomposable modules with cyclic vertex, Math. Z.
142 (1975), 87–90. MR 0364413
G. Higman, Indecomposable representations at characteristic
𝑝, Duke Math. J. 21 (1954), 377–381. MR 0067896
Serre, Linear representations of finite groups,
Springer-Verlag, New York-Heidelberg, 1977. Translated from the second
French edition by Leonard L. Scott; Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Vol. 42.
0450380 (56 #8675)
- D. W. Burry, A strengthened theory of vertices and sources, J. Algebra (to appear). MR 543254 (82j:20022)
- L. Dornhoff, Group representation theory, Pure and Appl. Math., vol. 7, Dekker, New York, 1972. MR 0347960 (50:458b)
- W. Hamernik, Indecomposable modules with cyclic vertix, Math. Z. 142 (1975), 87-90. MR 0364413 (51:667)
- D. G. Higman, Indecomposable representations at characteristic p, Duke Math. J. 21 (1954), 377-381. MR 0067896 (16:794c)
- J.-P. Serre, Linear representations of finite groups, Graduate Texts in Math., vol. 42, Springer-Verlag, Berlin and New York, 1977. MR 0450380 (56:8675)
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
Retrieve articles in all journals
© Copyright 1980
American Mathematical Society