Set-theoretic complete intersections
T. T. Moh
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 94 (1985), 217-220
Primary 14M10; Secondary 14H45
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: In this article we establish that:
(1) Every monomial curve in is a set-theoretic complete intersection, where is a field of characteristic (and thus generalize a result of R. Hartshorne ).
(2) Let be an algebraically closed field of characteristic and a curve of . If there is a linear projection with center of disjoint of , is birational to and has only cusps as singularities, then is a set-theoretic complete intersection (and thus generalize a result of D. Ferrand ).
C. Cowsik and M.
V. Nori, Affine curves in characteristic 𝑝 are set
theoretic complete intersections, Invent. Math. 45
(1978), no. 2, 111–114. MR 0472835
Ferrand, Set-theoretical complete intersections in characteristic
𝑝>0, Algebraic geometry (Proc. Summer Meeting, Univ.
Copenhagen, Copenhagen, 1978), Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 732,
Springer, Berlin, 1979, pp. 82–89. MR 555692
Hartshorne, Complete intersections in characteristic
𝑝>0, Amer. J. Math. 101 (1979),
no. 2, 380–383. MR 527998
- R. Cowsik and M. Nori, Affine curves in characteristic are set-theoretic complete intersections, Invent. Math. 45 (1978), 111-114. MR 0472835 (57:12525)
- D. Ferrand, Set theoretic complete intersections in characteristic , Lecture Notes in Math., vol. 732, Springer-Verlag, 1979, pp. 82-89. MR 555692 (81d:14026)
- R. Hartshorne, Complete intersections in characteristic , Amer. J. Math. 101 (1979), 380-383. MR 527998 (80d:14028)
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
Retrieve articles in all journals
© Copyright 1985 American Mathematical Society