A note on Henrici's triple product theorem
Authors: Per W. Karlsson and H. M. Srivastava
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 110 (1990), 85-88
MSC: Primary 33A30
MathSciNet review: 1010802
Full-text PDF Free Access
Abstract: Making use of certain known transformations in the theory of hypergeometric functions, the authors prove a general triple series identity which readily yields Henrici's recent result expressing the product of three hypergeometric functions in terms of a hypergeometric function.
-  W. N. Bailey, Products of generalized hypergeometric series, Proc. London Math. Soc. 28 (1928), 242-254.
-  Peter Henrici, A triple product theorem for hypergeometric series, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 18 (1987), no. 6, 1513–1518. MR 911645, https://doi.org/10.1137/0518108
-  H. M. Srivastava and Per W. Karlsson, Multiple Gaussian hypergeometric series, Ellis Horwood Series: Mathematics and its Applications, Ellis Horwood Ltd., Chichester; Halsted Press [John Wiley & Sons, Inc.], New York, 1985. MR 834385
- W. N. Bailey, Products of generalized hypergeometric series, Proc. London Math. Soc. 28 (1928), 242-254.
- P. Henrici, A triple product theorem for hypergeometric series, SIAM J. Math. Anal. 18 (1987), 1513-1518. MR 911645 (88k:33006)
- H. M. Srivastava and P. W. Karlsson, Multiple Gaussian hypergeometric series, Halsted Press (Ellis Horwood Limited, Chichester); Wiley, New York, Chichester, Brisbane, and Toronto, 1985. MR 834385 (87f:33015)
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society with MSC: 33A30
Retrieve articles in all journals with MSC: 33A30
Keywords: Hypergeometric functions, Chu-Vandermonde theorem, Appell functions, triple series identity, quadratic and cubic transformations, Pochhammer symbol
Article copyright: © Copyright 1990 American Mathematical Society