Matrix maps and the isomorphic structure of BK spaces
Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 111 (1991), 45-50
Primary 46B20; Secondary 46A45, 47B37
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: This note gives a characterization of BK spaces that contain isomorphic copies of in terms of matrix maps and a sufficient condition for a matrix map from into a BK space to be a compact operator. The primary tool used in this note is the Bessaga-Pelczynski characterization of Banach spaces which contain isomorphic copies of . It is shown that weakly compact matrix maps on are compact and that, if is a BK space such that there is a matrix such that and is not strongly conull, then must contain an isomorphic copy of .
Bennett, A new class of sequence spaces with applications in
summability theory, J. Reine Angew. Math. 266 (1974),
0344846 (49 #9585)
Bennett and N.
J. Kalton, 𝐹𝐾-spaces containing
𝑐₀, Duke Math. J. 39 (1972),
561–582. MR 0310597
Diestel, Sequences and series in Banach spaces, Graduate Texts
in Mathematics, vol. 92, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1984. MR 737004
P. Rosenthal, On relatively disjoint families of measures, with
some applications to Banach space theory, Studia Math.
37 (1970), 13–36. MR 0270122
J. Sember, Summability matrices as compact-like operators, J.
London Math. Soc. (2) 2 (1970), 530–534. MR 0265823
Wilansky, Summability through functional analysis,
North-Holland Mathematics Studies, vol. 85, North-Holland Publishing
Co., Amsterdam, 1984. Notas de Matemática [Mathematical Notes], 91.
- G. Bennett, A new class of sequence spaces, J. Reine Angew. Math. 266 (1974), 49-75. MR 0344846 (49:9585)
- G. Bennett and N. J. Kalton, FK spaces containing , Duke Math. J. 39 (1972), 561-582. MR 0310597 (46:9695)
- J. Diestel, Sequences and series in Banach spaces, Springer-Verlag, New York and Berlin, 1984. MR 737004 (85i:46020)
- H. P. Rosenthal, On relatively disjoint families of measures, with some applications to Banach space theory, Studia Math. 37 (1975), 13-36. MR 0270122 (42:5015)
- J. J. Sember, Summability matrices as compact-like operators, J. London Math. Soc. 2 (1970), 530-534. MR 0265823 (42:732)
- A. Wilansky, Summability through functional analysis, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1984. MR 738632 (85d:40006)
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society
Retrieve articles in all journals
© Copyright 1991
American Mathematical Society