Asymptotics of the negative discrete spectrum of a class of Schrödinger operators with large coupling constant
Author: Ari Laptev
Journal: Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 119 (1993), 481-488
MSC: Primary 35P20; Secondary 35J10, 47F05
MathSciNet review: 1149974
Abstract: We obtain the asymptotics of the negative discrete spectrum of the Schrödinger operator with a large coupling constant and potentials . The result is very sensitive to small perturbations of the potential and depends on the negative spectrum of some auxiliary differential problems on .
-  M. Sh. Birman and M. Z. Solomyak, Negative discrete spectrum of the Schroedinger operator with large coupling constant: a qualitative discussion, Order, disorder and chaos in quantum systems (Dubna, 1989) Oper. Theory Adv. Appl., vol. 46, Birkhäuser, Basel, 1990, pp. 3–16. MR 1124648
-  -, Spectral theory of self-adjoint operators in Hilbert space, Reidel, Dordrecht, 1986.
-  Michael Reed and Barry Simon, Methods of modern mathematical physics. IV. Analysis of operators, Academic Press [Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers], New York-London, 1978. MR 0493421
-  G. V. Rozenbljum, The eigenvalues of the first boundary value problem in unbounded domains, Mat. Sb. (N.S.) 89 (131) (1972), 234–247, 350 (Russian). MR 0348295
- M. Sh. Birman and M. Z. Solomyak, Negative discrete spectrum of the Schrödinger operator with large coupling constant: A qualitative discussion, Operator Theory: Adv. Appl., vol. 46, Birkhäuser, Basel and Boston, 1990. MR 1124648 (92j:35136)
- -, Spectral theory of self-adjoint operators in Hilbert space, Reidel, Dordrecht, 1986.
- M. Reed and B. Simon, Methods of modern mathematical physics, vol. 4, Academic Press, New York, 1978. MR 0493421 (58:12429c)
- G. V. Rozenblum, On the eigenvalues of the first boundary problem in unbounded domains, Math. USSR-Sb. 89 (1972), 234-247. MR 0348295 (50:793)