A classification of a class of -branchfolds
Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 307 (1988), 481-502
Primary 57N10; Secondary 57M12
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: An -orbifold is a topological space provided with a local modelling on (an open set in )/(a finite group action). Mainly, we deal with -branchfolds (i.e. -orbifolds with -dimensional singular locus). We define a map between two -branchfolds. With respect to this map, we prove some facts parallel to -manifold theorems. Using the facts, we classify a class of -branchfolds, analogous to Waldhausen's classification theorem of Haken manifolds.
Hempel, 3-Manifolds, Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.
J.; University of Tokyo Press, Tokyo, 1976. Ann. of Math. Studies, No. 86.
0415619 (54 #3702)
H. Jaco and Peter
B. Shalen, Seifert fibered spaces in 3-manifolds, Mem. Amer.
Math. Soc. 21 (1979), no. 220, viii+192. MR 539411
Kato, On uniformizations of orbifolds, Homotopy theory and
related topics (Kyoto, 1984) Adv. Stud. Pure Math., vol. 9,
North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1987, pp. 149–172. MR 896951
Satake, On a generalization of the notion of manifold, Proc.
Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 42 (1956), 359–363. MR 0079769
W. Thurston, The geometry and topology of three manifolds, Mimeograph.
Waldhausen, On irreducible 3-manifolds which are sufficiently
large, Ann. of Math. (2) 87 (1968), 56–88. MR 0224099
- J. Hempel, -manifolds, Ann. of Math. Studies, no. 86, Princeton Univ. Press, Princeton, N.J., 1976. MR 0415619 (54:3702)
- W. Jaco and P. Shalen, Seifert fibered spaces in -manifolds, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. No. 220, 1979. MR 539411 (81c:57010)
- M. Kato, On uniformizations of orbifolds, Adv. Studies in Pure Math. 9, Homotopy Theory and Related Topics, 1986, pp. 149-172. MR 896951 (89e:57035)
- I. Satake, On a generalization of the notion of manifold, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 42 (1956), 359-363. MR 0079769 (18:144a)
- W. Thurston, The geometry and topology of three manifolds, Mimeograph.
- F. Waldhausen, On irreducible -manifolds which are sufficiently large, Ann. of Math. 87 (1968), 56-88. MR 0224099 (36:7146)
Retrieve articles in Transactions of the American Mathematical Society
Retrieve articles in all journals
fundamental group of orbifolds,
© Copyright 1988
American Mathematical Society