An analytic invariant
of ordinary curve singularities
Abstract: It is well known that analytically equivalent ordinary plane curve singularities have projectively equivalent tangent cones. In this note we introduce an analytic invariant in order to show two non analytically equivalent ordinary 5-fold points with projectively equivalent (or equal) tangent cones.
- 1. Casas-Alvero, E., Singularities of plane curves (1997), to appear.
- 2. Joe Harris, Algebraic geometry, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 133, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1992. A first course. MR 1182558
- 3. J. G. Semple, Some investigations in the geometry of curve and surface elements, Proc. London Math. Soc. (3) 4 (1954), 24–49. MR 0061406
- Casas-Alvero, E., Singularities of plane curves (1997), to appear.
- Harris, J., Algebraic Geometry, GTM 133, Springer Verlag 1992. MR 93j:14001
- Semple, J.G., Some investigations in the geometry of curve and surface elements, Proc. London Math. Soc. (3) 4 (1954), 24-49. MR 15:820c
Retrieve articles in Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society with MSC (1991): 14H20
Retrieve articles in all journals with MSC (1991): 14H20
Affiliation: Departament d’Àlgebra i Geometria, Universitat de Barcelona Gran Via, 585, E-08007, Barcelona, Spain
Received by editor(s): March 2, 1998
Published electronically: July 27, 1999
Additional Notes: The author was partially supported by 1997FI-00141, CAICYT PB95-0274 and “AGE-Algebraic Geometry in Europe" contract no. ERB940557.
Communicated by: Ron Donagi
Article copyright: © Copyright 1999 American Mathematical Society