Spaces of set-valued functions
David N. O’Steen
Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 169 (1972), 307-315
Full-text PDF Free Access
Similar Articles |
Abstract: If and are topological spaces, the set of all continuous functions from into , the space of nonempty, compact subsets of with the finite topology, contains a copy (with singleton sets substituted for points) of , the continuous point-valued functions from into . It is shown that is homeomorphic to this copy contained in (where all function spaces are assumed to have the compact-open topology) and that, if or is is homoemorphic to a subspace of . Further, if is , then these images of and are closed in and respectively.
Finally, it is shown that, under certain conditions, some elements of may be considered as elements of and that the induced - function between the subspaces is open.
C. Berge, Topological spaces, Macmillan, New York, 1963, pp. 109-115.
M. Day and Stanley
P. Franklin, Spaces of continuous relations, Math. Ann.
169 (1967), 289–293. MR 0210092
Dugundji, Topology, Allyn and Bacon, Inc., Boston, Mass.,
0193606 (33 #1824)
Kuratowski, Topology. Vol. I, New edition, revised and
augmented. Translated from the French by J. Jaworowski, Academic Press, New
York-London; Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, Warsaw, 1966. MR 0217751
Michael, Topologies on spaces of
subsets, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 71 (1951), 152–182. MR 0042109
Zenor, On the completeness of the space of
compact subsets, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 26 (1970), 190–192.
0261538 (41 #6151), http://dx.doi.org/10.1090/S0002-9939-1970-0261538-4
- C. Berge, Topological spaces, Macmillan, New York, 1963, pp. 109-115.
- J. M. Day and S. P. Franklin, Spaces of continuous relations, Math. Ann. 169 (1967), 289-293. MR 35 #987. MR 0210092 (35:987)
- J. Dugundji, Topology, Allyn and Bacon, Boston, Mass., 1966, pp. 257-275. MR 33 #1824. MR 0193606 (33:1824)
- K. Kuratowski, Topology, Vol. I, new ed., rev. and aug., PWN, Warsaw; Academic Press, New York, 1966, PP. 160-187. MR 36 #840. MR 0217751 (36:840)
- E. Michael, Topologies on spaces of subsets, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 71 (1951), pp. 152-183. MR 13, 54. MR 0042109 (13:54f)
- P. Zenor, On the completeness of the space of compact subsets, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 26 (1970), 190-192. MR 41 #6151. MR 0261538 (41:6151)
Retrieve articles in Transactions of the American Mathematical Society
Retrieve articles in all journals
© Copyright 1972
American Mathematical Society