About the AMSAdvancing research. Connecting the mathematics community.
Welcome to the AMS. We are thrilled to serve you, support your mathematical pursuits, and have you participate in all we offer.
Everything we do aims to advance your mathematics and connect you further to the mathematical community. Please contact us if you need assistance.
The AMS, founded in 1888 to further the interests of mathematical research and scholarship, serves the national and international community through its publications, meetings, advocacy and other programs, which
- promote mathematical research, its communication and uses,
- encourage and promote the transmission of mathematical understanding and skills,
- support mathematical education at all levels,
- advance the status of the profession of mathematics, encouraging and facilitating full participation of all individuals,
- foster an awareness and appreciation of mathematics and its connections to other disciplines and everyday life.
Add your voice to the AMS community
Volunteer for a governance committee or nominate a colleague. Learn about the benefits of membership and help mathematics students and professionals everywhere!