Transactions and Memoirs Editorial Committee
- Committee is standing
- The Editorial Board is to consist of the Managing Editor, six Coordinating Editors, and about 24 Editors
- Term is four years
To solicit, acquire, review, edit and publish articles in Transactions and Memoirs. Transactions papers should exceed 15 published pages.
The chair of the committee acts as Managing Editor and selects or nominates editors.
The chair of the Editorial Committee will be elected by the Council, upon nomination by the EBC. The other editors and the coordinating editors are appointed by the President upon recommendation of the EBC in consultation with the Managing Editor. This committee will conduct at most one face-to-face meeting per year. Travel reimbursement for this committee has been designated at LEVEL B.
Editors normally serve no more than two consecutive terms.
From the charge to the Editorial Boards Committee:
The [Editorial Boards] Committee shall recommend appointees to certain editorial committees to the AMS President and the Council. To that end, it shall solicit suggestions for those editorial committees by consulting with managing editors, current editorial committees, and other interested parties. The committee should take into account both the interests of the publications and the overall interests of the Society.
Note to the Chair
For the purpose of archiving the committee activities, the Secretary maintains a central file system for archiving committee records. Committee Chairs are asked to submit committee records on yearly basis. Chairs can submit material at their discretion, and some materials that they may wish to provide are meeting minutes, agenda, and emails. Confidential material should be noted, so that it can be handled in a confidential manner.
- created 2/10/92dlh; updated 5/04/95; 11/01; 8/09: 8/11; 1/12; 9/12; 7/13 membership, Misc. Info. and Note to Chair; 7/22
- January 03, 2017 Council Minutes, Item 4.9.2: Changed the structure of the Editorial Committee to include Coordinating Editors.
- 09 January 2018 Council Item 4.7.3: Clarified appointment process.
- 04 January 2022 Council Item 188.8.131.52: Increased the size of the editorial board.
A list of current and past members is available here: