Advances in Contemporary Logic and Computer Science
About this Title
Walter A. Carnielli and Itala M. L. D’Ottaviano, Editors
This volume presents the proceedings from the Eleventh Brazilian Logic Conference on Mathematical Logic held by the Brazilian Logic Society (co-sponsored by the Centre for Logic, Epistemology and the History of Science, State University of Campinas, São Paolo) in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. The conference and the volume are dedicated to the memory of professor Mário Tourasse Teixeira, an educator and researcher who contributed to the formation of several generations of Brazilian logicians.
Contributions were made from leading Brazilian logicians and their Latin-American and European colleagues. All papers were selected by a careful refereeing processs and were revised and updated by their authors for publication in this volume.
There are three sections: Advances in Logic, Advances in Theoretical Computer Science, and Advances in Philosophical Logic. Well-known specialists present original research on several aspects of model theory, proof theory, algebraic logic, category theory, connections between logic and computer science, and topics of philosophical logic of current interest. Topics interweave proof-theoretical, semantical, foundational, and philosophical aspects with algorithmic and algebraic views, offering lively high-level research results.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in mathematical logic and foundations; computer scientists.
Table of Contents
- Jean-Yves Béziau – The mathematical structure of logical syntax [MR 1721232]
- Xavier Caicedo and Michał Krynicki – Quantifiers for reasoning with imperfect information and $\Sigma ^1_1$-logic [MR 1721228]
- Walter A. Carnielli and Mamede Lima-Marques – Society semantics and multiple-valued logics [MR 1721224]
- José Carlos Cifuentes – A topological approach to the logic underlying fuzzy subset theory [MR 1721220]
- Marcelo E. Coniglio – Categorical logic with partial elements [MR 1721216]
- M. Dickmann and F. Miraglia – Algebraic $K$-theory of fields and special groups [MR 1721212]
- Antonio Di Nola, George Georgescu and Salvatore Sessa – Closed ideals of MV-algebras [MR 1721208]
- Kosta Došen – Definitions of adjunction [MR 1721204]
- Néstor G. Martínez – A reduced spectrum for MV-algebras [MR 1721200]
- Alessandro Avellone, Mauro Ferrari, Pierangelo Miglioli and Ugo Moscato – A tableau calculus for Dummett predicate logic [MR 1721196]
- Jose Maria Turull Torres – A hierarchy of unbounded almost rigid classes of finite structures [MR 1721192]
- Paulo A. S. Veloso – Some connections between logic and computer science [MR 1721267]
- Décio Krause and Steven French – Opaque predicates, veiled sets and their logic [MR 1721263]
- Otávio Bueno – Truth, quasi-truth and paraconsistency [MR 1721259]
- Guillermo E. Rosado Haddock – To be a Fregean or to be a Husserlian: that is the question for Platonists [MR 1721255]
- Claudio Pizzi – A modal framework for consequential implication and the factor law [MR 1721251]