Symposium in Honor of C. H. Clemens
About this Title
Aaron Bertram, James A. Carlson and Holger Kley, Editors
This volume honors Herb Clemens and his contributions to algebraic geometry. The exceptional gathering of mathematicians at the symposium attest to his remarkable career. Papers in the book address topics in which Clemens has been active: the geometry of threefolds, enumerative geometry, Hodge theory, and higher-order methods for attacking deformation problems.
The volume is suitable for graduate students and research mathematicians interested in algebraic geometry.
Advanced graduate students and research mathematicians interested in algebraic geometry.
Table of Contents
- Daniel Allcock, James A. Carlson and Domingo Toledo – Orthogonal complex hyperbolic arrangements [MR 1941572]
- Enrico Arbarello – Sketches of KdV [MR 1941573]
- Arnaud Beauville – Vector bundles on the cubic threefold [MR 1941574]
- Aaron Bertram – Using symmetry to count rational curves [MR 1941575]
- Robert Friedman and John W. Morgan – Exceptional groups and del Pezzo surfaces [MR 1941576]
- Mark Green and Phillip Griffiths – The regulator map for a general curve [MR 1941577]
- Sheldon Katz – Versal deformations and superpotentials for rational curves in smooth threefolds [MR 1941578]
- János Kollár – The Nash conjecture for nonprojective threefolds [MR 1941579]
- Yongnam Lee – Bounds and $\Bbb Q$-Gorenstein smoothings of smoothable stable log surfaces [MR 1941580]
- Madhav V. Nori – The integral of powers of a function [MR 1941581]
- Ziv Ran – On semipositivity of sheaves of differential operators and the degree of a unipolar $\Bbb Q$-Fano variety [MR 1941582]
- Yongbin Ruan – Stringy geometry and topology of orbifolds [MR 1941583]
- R. Smith and R. Varley – The Prym Torelli problem: an update and a reformulation as a question in birational geometry [MR 1941584]
- Claire Voisin – On the punctual Hilbert scheme of a symplectic fourfold [MR 1941585]