Topology and Geometry: Commemorating SISTAG
About this Title
A. J. Berrick, Man Chun Leung and Xingwang Xu, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year : Volume 314
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-2820-5 (print); 978-0-8218-7904-7 (online)
MathSciNet review: 1944376
This book presents nineteen articles written by participants in the Singapore International Symposium in Topology and Geometry (SISTAG), held July 2–6, 2001, at the National University of Singapore. Rather than being a simple snapshot of the meeting in the form of a proceedings, it serves as a commemorative volume consisting of papers selected to show the diversity and depth of the mathematics presented at SISTAG.
The book contains articles on low-dimensional topology, algebraic, differential and symplectic geometry, and algebraic topology. While papers reflect the focus of the conference, many documents written after SISTAG and included in this volume represent the latest thinking in the fields of topology and geometry.
This volume is of interest to graduate students and mathematicians working in the fields of algebraic, differential and symplectic geometry, algebraic, geometric and low-dimensional topology, and mathematical physics.
Advanced graduate students and researchers working in geometry or topology.
Table of Contents
- A. G. Aleksandrov – Moduli of logarithmic connections along a free divisor [MR 1941619]
- Selma Altınok, Gavin Brown and Miles Reid – Fano 3-folds, surfaces and graded rings [MR 1941620]
- Imre Bokor – A notion of connected sum for certain CW-complexes [MR 1941621]
- Yong Seung Cho – The cohomology ring of -fibrations [MR 1941622]
- C. McA. Gordon – Links and their complements [MR 1941623]
- Brendan Hassett and Yuri Tschinkel – On the effective cone of the moduli space of pointed rational curves [MR 1941624]
- J. A. Hillman – On 4-dimensional mapping tori [MR 1941625]
- William Jaco, David Letscher and J. Hyam Rubinstein – Algorithms for essential surfaces in 3-manifolds [MR 1941626]
- Dominic Joyce – On counting special Lagrangian homology 3-spheres [MR 1941627]
- Yousuke Kamiya and Katsumi Shimomura – -homology spheres for a connective spectrum [MR 1941628]
- Bong H. Lian, Kefeng Liu and Shing-Tung Yau – Some applications of mirror principle [MR 1941629]
- Rafe Mazzeo and Frank Pacard – Bifurcating nodoids [MR 1941630]
- Michael McQuillan – Formal formal schemes [MR 1941631]
- Yong-Geun Oh – Holomorphic volume preserving maps and special Lagrangian submanifolds [MR 1941632]
- Shengliang Pan – On a new curve evolution problem in the plane [MR 1941633]
- Chunli Shen and Fan Wang – Some applications of the theory of critical points [MR 1941634]
- Yi-Bing Shen – On complete submanifolds with parallel mean curvature in [MR 1941635]
- Yanlin Yu and Jianwei Zhou – Semi-classical asymptotics [MR 1941636]
- D.-Q. Zhang – On endomorphisms of algebraic surfaces [MR 1941637]