Finite and Infinite Dimensional Analysis in Honor of Leonard Gross
About this Title
Hui-Hsiung Kuo and Ambar N. Sengupta, Editors
This book contains the proceedings of the special session in honor of Leonard Gross held at the annual Joint Mathematics Meetings in New Orleans (LA). The speakers were specialists in a variety of fields, and many were Professor Gross's former Ph.D. students and their descendants.
Papers in this volume present results from several areas of mathematics. They illustrate applications of powerful ideas that originated in Gross's work and permeate diverse fields. Topics include stochastic partial differential equations, white noise analysis, Brownian motion, Segal-Bargmann analysis, heat kernels, and some applications.
The volume should be useful to graduate students and researchers. It provides perspective on current activity and on central ideas and techniques in the topics covered.
Research mathematicians interested in probability and analysis.
Table of Contents
- L. Accardi – Meixner classes and the square of white noise [MR 1966884]
- Sergio Albeverio, Yuri Kondratiev and Michael Röckner – Strong Feller properties for distorted Brownian motion and applications to finite particle systems with singular interactions [MR 1966885]
- Hassan Allouba and Victor Goodman – Market price of risk and random field driven models of term structure: a space-time change of measure look [MR 1966886]
- Nobuhiro Asai, Izumi Kubo and Hui-Hsiung Kuo – Gaussian and Poisson white noises with related characterization theorems [MR 1966887]
- Bruce K. Driver – Analysis of Wiener measure on path and loop groups [MR 1966888]
- Maria Gordina – Stochastic differential equations on noncommutative $L^2$ [MR 1966889]
- Brian C. Hall – The Segal-Bargmann transform and the Gross ergodicity theorem [MR 1966890]
- Brian C. Hall and Matthew B. Stenzel – Sharp bounds for the heat kernel on certain symmetric spaces of non-compact type [MR 1966891]
- Takeyuki Hida – Laplacians in white noise analysis [MR 1966892]
- Masanori Hino – On Dirichlet spaces over convex sets in infinite dimensions [MR 1966893]
- Christopher King – Information capacity of quantum channels [MR 1966894]
- Yuh-Jia Lee and Chen-Yuh Shih – The Riesz representation theorem on infinite dimensional spaces [MR 1966895]
- Jeffrey J. Mitchell – Asymptotic behavior in heat kernel analysis on manifolds [MR 1966896]
- Mylan Redfern – Complex stochastic calculus [MR 1966897]
- Stephen Bruce Sontz – Recent results and open problems in Segal-Bargmann analysis [MR 1966898]
- Aurel Stan – A new Heisenberg inequality for white noise analysis [MR 1966899]