Noncompact Problems at the Intersection of Geometry, Analysis, and Topology
About this Title
Abbas Bahri, Sergiu Klainerman and Michael Vogelius, Editors
This proceedings volume contains articles from the conference held at Rutgers University in honor of Haim Brezis and Felix Browder, two mathematicians who have had a profound impact on partial differential equations, functional analysis, and geometry.
Mathematicians attending the conference had interests in noncompact variational problems, pseudo-holomorphic curves, singular and smooth solutions to problems admitting a conformal (or some group) invariance, Sobolev spaces on manifolds, and configuration spaces. One day of the event was devoted to Einstein equations and related topics.
The material is suitable for graduate students and researchers interested in problems in analysis and differential equations on noncompact manifolds.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in problems in analysis and differential equations on noncompact manifolds.
Table of Contents
- Mohameden Ould Ahmedou – Conformal deformations of Riemannian metrics via “critical point theory at infinity”: the conformally flat case with umbilic boundary [MR 2082387]
- Hajer Bahouri and Jean-Yves Chemin – Cubic quasilinear wave equation and bilinear estimates [MR 2082388]
- F. Bethuel and G. Orlandi – Ginzburg-Landau functionals, phase transitions and vorticity [MR 2082389]
- Sun-Yung A. Chang, Jie Qing and Paul Yang – On the topology of conformally compact Einstein 4-manifolds [MR 2082390]
- F. R. Cohen – On loop spaces of configuration spaces, and related spaces [MR 2082391]
- Luis A. Caffarelli, David Jerison and Carlos E. Kenig – Global energy minimizers for free boundary problems and full regularity in three dimensions [MR 2082392]
- Mihalis Dafermos – Stability and instability of the Reissner-Nordström Cauchy horizon and the problem of uniqueness in general relativity [MR 2082393]
- Emmanuel Hebey – Nonlinear elliptic equations of critical Sobolev growth from a dynamical viewpoint [MR 2082394]
- Frédéric Hélein – Hamiltonian formalisms for multidimensional calculus of variations and perturbation theory [MR 2082395]
- Fang Hua Lin – Revisit the topology of Sobolev maps [MR 2082396]
- Yvan Martel and Frank Merle – Review on blow up and asymptotic dynamics for critical and subcritical gKdV equations [MR 2082397]
- Rafe Mazzeo – Recent advances in the global theory of constant mean curvature surfaces [MR 2082398]
- Petru Mironescu – On some properties of $S^1$-valued fractional Sobolev spaces [MR 2082399]
- Paul H. Rabinowitz – Homoclinics for a semilinear elliptic PDE [MR 2082400]
- Sylvia Serfaty and Etienne Sandier – Vortices for Ginzburg-Landau equations: with magnetic field versus without [MR 2082401]
- Gang Tian – Some regularity problems of stationary harmonic maps [MR 2082402]