Advances in Quantum Computation
About this Title
Kazem Mahdavi and Deborah Koslover, Editors
This volume represents the talks given at the Conference on Interactions between Representation Theory, Quantum Field Theory, Category Theory, Mathematical Physics, and Quantum Information Theory, held in September 2007 at the University of Texas at Tyler.
The papers in this volume, written by top experts in the field, address physical aspects, mathematical aspects, and foundational issues of quantum computation.
This volume will benefit researchers interested in advances in quantum computation and communication, as well as graduate students who wish to enter the field of quantum computation.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in quantum computations and quantum information theory.
Table of Contents
- Zhigang Zhang and Goong Chen – Mathematical formulations of atom trap quantum gates [MR 2568412]
- Howard E. Brandt – Charge renormalization, Apéry’s number, and the trefoil knot [MR 2568413]
- Yong Zhang – Braid group, Temperley-Lieb algebra, and quantum information and computation [MR 2568414]
- Travis Schedler – Poisson algebras and Yang-Baxter equations [MR 2568415]
- John M. Myers and F. Hadi Madjid – Ambiguity in quantum-theoretical descriptions of experiments [MR 2568416]
- Paul Benioff – Reference frame fields based on quantum theory representations of real and complex numbers [MR 2568417]
- Eric C. Rowell – Two paradigms for topological quantum computation [MR 2568418]
- Sergey Bravyi – Contraction of matchgate tensor networks on non-planar graphs [MR 2568419]
- Masudul Haque – Probing topological order in quantum Hall states using entanglement calculations [MR 2568420]
- Alioscia Hamma – Topological order and entanglement [MR 2568421]
- Vladimir E. Korepin and Ying Xu – Hierarchical quantum search [MR 2568422]