About this Title
Idris Assani, Editor
This book contains papers written by participants at the two Chapel Hill Ergodic Theory Workshops organized in February 2007 and 2008. The topics covered by these papers help to illustrate the interaction between ergodic theory and related fields such as harmonic analysis, number and probability theories.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in ergodic theory and probability theory.
Table of Contents
- Pieter C. Allaart and R. Daniel Mauldin – Injectivity of the Dubins-Freedman construction of random distributions [MR 2553206]
- I. Assani and Z. Buczolich – A maximal inequality for the tail of the bilinear Hardy-Littlewood function [MR 2553207]
- Guy Cohen and Michael Lin – Almost sure convergence of weighted sums of independent random variables [MR 2553208]
- Jean-Pierre Conze – Recurrence, ergodicity and invariant measures for cocycles over a rotation [MR 2553209]
- Nicolas Chevallier and Jean-Pierre Conze – Examples of recurrent or transient stationary walks in $\Bbb R^d$ over a rotation of $\Bbb T^2$ [MR 2553210]
- Yves Coudene – A short proof of the unique ergodicity of horocyclic flows [MR 2553211]
- Daniel Lenz – Aperiodic order via dynamical systems: diffraction for sets of finite local complexity [MR 2553212]
- Michael Lin and Michel Weber – Laws of iterated logarithm for weighted sum of iid random variables [MR 2553213]
- R. Daniel Mauldin and Andrew Yingst – Homeomorphic Bernoulli trial measures and ergodic theory [MR 2553214]
- Joseph Rosenblatt – Distinguishing transformations by averaging methods [MR 2553215]
- Idris Assani – Some open problems [MR 2553216]