Optimization Theory and Related Topics
About this Title
Simeon Reich, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel and Alexander J. Zaslavski, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year 2012: Volume 568
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-6908-6 (print); 978-0-8218-8778-3 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the workshop on Optimization Theory and Related Topics, held in memory of Dan Butnariu, from January 11–14, 2010, in Haifa, Israel. An active researcher in various fields of applied mathematics, Butnariu published over 80 papers. His extensive bibliography is included in this volume.
The articles in this volume cover many different areas of Optimization Theory and its applications: maximal monotone operators, sensitivity estimates via Lyapunov functions, inverse Newton transforms, infinite-horizon Pontryagin principles, singular optimal control problems with state delays, descent methods for mixed variational inequalities, games on MV-algebras, ergodic convergence in subgradient optimization, applications to economics and technology planning, the exact penalty property in constrained optimization, nonsmooth inverse problems, Bregman distances, retraction methods in Banach spaces, and iterative methods for solving equilibrium problems.
This volume will be of interest to both graduate students and research mathematicians.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in optimization theory and applications.
Table of Contents
- Zvi Artstein – Sensitivity Estimates Via Lyapunov Functions and Lyapunov Metrics
- Heinz H. Bauschke, Xianfu Wang and Liangjin Yao – On the Maximal Monotonicity of the Sum of a Maximal Monotone Linear Relation and the Subdifferential Operator of a Sublinear Function
- Adi Ben-Israel – An Inverse Newton Transform
- Joël Blot – Infinite-Horizon Discrete-Time Pontryagin Principles via Results of Michel
- Sjur Didrik Flåm – On Sharing of Risk and Resources
- Manal Gabour and Simeon Reich – The Expected Retraction Method in Banach Spaces
- Valery Y. Glizer – Solution of a Singular Optimal Control Problem with State Delays: A Cheap Control Approach
- I. Ioslovich, P.-O. Gutman and A. Lichtsinder – Robust Reduction of Dimension of a Linear Programming Problem with Uncertainties: Implication for Robust Production and Technology Planning
- Igor V. Konnov – Descent Methods for Mixed Variational Inequalities with Non-Smooth Mappings
- Tomáš Kroupa – A Generalized Möbius Transform of Games on MV-algebras and Its Application to a Cimmino-type Algorithm for the Core
- Torbjörn Larsson, Michael Patriksson and Ann-Brith Strömberg – Ergodic Convergence in Subgradient Optimization with Application to Simplicial Decomposition of Convex Programs
- Oren Mangoubi – Strategic Behavior in Multiple-Period Financial Markets
- Daniel Reem – The Bregman Distance without the Bregman Function II
- Simeon Reich and Shoham Sabach – Three Strong Convergence Theorems Regarding Iterative Methods for Solving Equilibrium Problems in Reflexive Banach Spaces
- Elena Resmerita – Towards Using Coderivatives for Convergence Rates in Regularization
- Alexander J. Zaslavski – Existence of Exact Penalty in Constrained Optimization and the Mordukhovich Basic Subdifferential
- Alexander J. Zaslavski – Weakly Agreeable Programs for the Robinson-Solow-Srinivasan (RSS) Model