Recent Trends in Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations II: Stationary Problems
About this Title
James B. Serrin, Enzo L. Mitidieri, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy and Vicenţiu D. Rădulescu, University of Craiova, Craiova, Romania, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year 2013: Volume 595
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-9861-1 (print); 978-1-4704-0993-7 (online)
This book is the second of two volumes that contain the proceedings of the Workshop on Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, held from May 28–June 1, 2012, at the University of Perugia in honor of Patrizia Pucci's 60th birthday.
The workshop brought together leading experts and researchers in nonlinear partial differential equations to promote research and to stimulate interactions among the participants. The workshop program testified to the wide ranging influence of Patrizia Pucci on the field of nonlinear analysis and partial differential equations.
In her own work, Patrizia Pucci has been a seminal influence in many important areas: the maximum principle, qualitative analysis of solutions to many classes of nonlinear PDEs (Kirchhoff problems, polyharmonic systems), mountain pass theorem in the critical case, critical exponents, variational identities, as well as various degenerate or singular phenomena in mathematical physics. This same breadth is reflected in the mathematical papers included in this volume.
The companion volume (Contemporary Mathematics, Volume 594) is devoted to evolution problems in nonlinear partial differential equations.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in nonlinear partial differential equations.
Table of Contents
- Stefano Almi and Marco Degiovanni – On degree theory for quasilinear elliptic equations with natural growth conditions
- David Arcoya, José Carmona and Pedro J. Martínez-Aparicio – Radial solutions for a Gelfand type quasilinear elliptic problem with quadratic gradient terms
- Marie-Françoise Bidaut-Véron, Marta García-Huidobro and Laurent Véron – Remarks on some quasilinear equations with gradient terms and measure data
- Lucio Boccardo – The effect of a linear term in some nonlinear elliptic equations with singular data
- Matteo Bonforte, Gabriele Grillo and Juan Luis Vazquezo – Quantitative bounds for subcritical semilinear elliptic equations
- Maria-Magdalena Boureanu, Benedetta Noris and Susanna Terracini – Sub and supersolutions, invariant cones and multiplicity results for $p$-Laplace equations
- Daniele Cassani, Bernhard Ruf and Cristina Tarsi – A Moser type inequality in Zygmund spaces without boundary conditions
- Eduardo Colorado – Existence results for some systems of coupled fractional nonlinear Schrödinger equations
- Vittorio Coti Zelati and Margherita Nolasco – Ground states for pseudo-relativistic equations with combined power and Hartree-type nonlinearities
- Giovanni Cupini, Paolo Marcellini and Elvira Mascolo – Local boundedness of solutions to some anisotropic elliptic systems
- Lucio Damascelli, Francesca Gladiali and Filomena Pacella – A symmetry result for semilinear cooperative elliptic systems
- Lorenzo D’Ambrosio and Enzo Mitidieri – An application of Kato’s inequality to quasilinear elliptic problems
- Francesca Faraci, Antonio Iannizzotto and Csaba Varga – Multiplicity results for constrained Neumann problems
- Alberto Farina – On the classification of entire local minimizers of the Ginzburg-Landau equation
- Roberta Filippucci – A Liouville result on a half space
- Marius Ghergu – Singular elliptic systems of Lane-Emden type
- Hans-Christoph Grunau and Frédéric Robert – Uniform estimates for polyharmonic Green functions in domains with small holes
- Giovanni Molica Bisci – Variational problems on the Sphere
- Nikolaos S. Papageorgiou and Vicenţiu D. Rădulescu – Semilinear Neumann problems with indefinite and unbounded potential and crossing nonlinearity
- Raffaella Servadei – Infinitely many solutions for fractional Laplace equations with subcritical nonlinearity