Manifolds and $K$-Theory
About this Title
Gregory Arone, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, Brenda Johnson, Union College, Schenectady, NY, Pascal Lambrechts, Université Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-La-Neuve, Belgium, Brian A. Munson, United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD and Ismar Volić, Wellesley College, Wellesley, MA, Editors
Publication: Contemporary Mathematics
Publication Year: 2017; Volume 682
ISBNs: 978-1-4704-1700-0 (print); 978-1-4704-3665-0 (online)
This volume contains the proceedings of the conference on Manifolds, $K$-Theory, and Related Topics, held from June 23–27, 2014, in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
The articles contained in this volume are a collection of research papers featuring recent advances in homotopy theory, $K$-theory, and their applications to manifolds. Topics covered include homotopy and manifold calculus, structured spectra, and their applications to group theory and the geometry of manifolds.
This volume is a tribute to the influence of Tom Goodwillie in these fields.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in algebraic topology and k-theory.
Table of Contents
- Gregory Arone and Michael Ching – Manifolds, K-theory and the calculus of functors
- Julia E. Bergner and Philip Hackney – Diagrams encoding group actions on $\Gamma $-spaces
- Stanley Chang, Shmuel Weinberger and Guoliang Yu – Contractible manifolds with exotic positive scalar curvature behavior
- Emmanuel D. Farjoun and Yoav Segev – Relative Schur multipliers and universal extensions of group homomorphisms
- Thomas G. Goodwillie – Scissors congruence with mixed dimensions
- John R. Klein and Sean Tilson – On the moduli space of $A_\infty $-structures
- Justin Noel – Nilpotence in the symplectic bordism ring
- Kristine E. Pelatt and Dev P. Sinha – A geometric homology representative in the space of knots
- Markus Szymik – Brauer spaces for commutative rings and structured ring spectra
- Hiro Lee Tanaka – Bridgeland stability, 2-Segal spaces, and the Ran space of the line
- Steffen Tillmann and Michael S. Weiss – Occupants in manifolds