Proceedings of the St. Petersburg Mathematical Society, Volume X
About this Title
N. N. Uraltseva, St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia, Editor. Translated by Tamara Rozhkovskaya and Harold McFaden
Publication: American Mathematical Society Translations: Series 2
Publication Year 2005: Volume 214
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-3861-7 (print); 978-1-4704-3425-0 (online)
MathSciNet review: MR2181450
MSC: Primary 00B15; Secondary 00B55
This book contains articles on analysis, theory of functions, partial differential equations, representation theory, and other areas of mathematics. It also includes two historical papers: an article about Professor G. I. Natanson and a note about the role of L. V. Kantorovich in developing computational mathematics in the Soviet Union.
The book is suitable for graduate students and researchers interested in analysis and differential equations. It has many articles of interest for a broad mathematical audience.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in analysis and differential equations; general mathematical audience.
Table of Contents
- S. V. Avdonin and M. I. Belishev – Dynamical inverse problem for the Schrödinger equation (BC-method)
- G. A. Leonov and M. S. Poltinnikova – On the Lyapunov dimension of the attractor of the Chirikov dissipative mapping
- A. I. Nazarov – On solutions to the Dirichlet problem for an equation with $p$-Laplacian in a spherical layer
- S. A. Nazarov and A. S. Slutskii – Asymptotic analysis of an arbitrary spatial system of thin rods
- N. I. Nessonov – Kubo-Martin-Schwinger states on the group $GL(\infty )$ and admissible representations of $GL(\infty )^X$
- S. Yu. Pilyugin – $C^1$-version of Arnold’s conjecture about limit sets of domains
- B. A. Samokish – $H_2$-optimal quadrature formula with Chebyshev weight of the second kind: Estimate for the remainder term
- O. V. Sarafanov – Calculus of pseudodifferential boundary value problems on manifolds with smooth edges
- O. L. Vinogradov, V. V. Zhuk, V. L. Faĭnshmidt and V. P. Khavin – Garal′d Isidorovich Natanson
- I. K. Daugavet, V. M. Ryabov and B. A. Samokish – Leonid Vital′evich Kantorovich and computational mathematics