Higher Category Theory
About this Title
Ezra Getzler and Mikhail Kapranov, Editors
This volume presents the proceedings of the workshop on higher category theory and mathematical physics held at Northwestern University. Exciting new developments were presented with the aim of making them better known outside the community of experts. In particular, presentations in the style, “Higher Categories for the Working Mathematician”, were encouraged. The volume is the first to bring together developments in higher category theory with applications. This collection is a valuable introduction to this topic—one that holds great promise for future developments in mathematics.
Graduate students, research and applied mathematicians interested in higher category theory and its applications.
Table of Contents
- John C. Baez and James Dolan – Categorification [MR 1664990]
- M. A. Batanin – Computads for finitary monads on globular sets [MR 1664991]
- Lawrence Breen – Braided $n$-categories and $\Sigma $-structures [MR 1664992]
- Jean-Luc Brylinski – Categories of vector bundles and Yang-Mills equations [MR 1664993]
- Ross Street – The role of Michael Batanin’s monoidal globular categories [MR 1664994]
- David N. Yetter – Braided deformations of monoidal categories and Vassiliev invariants [MR 1664995]