Trends in Banach Spaces and Operator Theory
About this Volume
Edited by: Anna Kamińska
2003: Volume: 321
ISBNs: 978-0-8218-3234-9 (print); 978-0-8218-7911-5 (online)
This volume contains proceedings of the conference on Trends in Banach Spaces and Operator Theory, which was devoted to recent advances in theories of Banach spaces and linear operators.
Included in the volume are 25 papers, some of which are expository, while others present new results. The articles address the following topics: history of the famous James' theorem on reflexivity, projective tensor products, construction of noncommutative $L_p$-spaces via interpolation, Banach spaces with abundance of nontrivial operators, Banach spaces with small spaces of operators, convex geometry of Coxeter-invariant polyhedra, uniqueness of unconditional bases in quasi-Banach spaces, dynamics of cohyponormal operators, and Fourier algebras for locally compact groupoids.
The book is suitable for graduate students and research mathematicians interested in Banach spaces and operator theory and their applications.
Graduate students and research mathematicians interested in Banach spaces and operator theory and their applications.
Table of Contents
- María D. Acosta, Julio Becerra Guerrero and Manuel Ruiz Galán – Characterizations of the reflexive spaces in the spirit of James’ Theorem
- Fernando Albiac, Nigel J. Kalton and Camino Leránoz – Uniqueness of unconditional bases in quasi-Banach spaces
- George Androulakis – A note on the method of minimal vectors
- Joe Diestel, Jan Fourie and Johan Swart – The projective tensor product. I
- S. J. Dilworth and Vladimir G. Troitsky – Spectrum of a weakly hypercyclic operator meets the unit circle
- Nathan S. Feldman – The dynamics of cohyponormal operators
- Eva A. Gallardo-Gutiérrez and María J. González – Hilbert-Schmidt composition operators on Dirichlet spaces
- N. J. Kalton – A remark on sectorial operators with an $H^\infty $-calculus
- Jun Kawabe – Borel injective tensor product and convolution of vector measures and their weak convergence
- V. A. Khatskevich and V. S. Shulman – On linear operator pencils and inclusions of images of balls
- Denny H. Leung and Wee-Kee Tang – Ordinal indices and $l^1$-spreading models
- Julián López-Gómez and Carlos Mora-Corral – Characterizing the existence of local Smith forms for $\scr C^\infty $ families of matrix operators
- Nicholas McCarthy, David Ogilvie, Nahum Zobin and Veronica Zobin – Convex geometry of Coxeter-invariant polyhedra
- Jie Miao – Commutators on bounded symmetric domains in $\Bbb C^n$
- T. L. Miller, V. G. Miller and M. M. Neumann – Growth conditions and decomposable extensions
- Jennifer Moorhouse and Carl Toews – Differences of composition operators
- Gustavo A. Muñoz – Complex vs real variables for real 3-homogeneous polynomials on $l_1^2$: a counterexample
- Alan L. T. Paterson – The Fourier-Stieltjes and Fourier algebras for locally compact groupoids
- Gabriel T. Prǎjiturǎ – Preserving the commutant under functional calculus
- Yves Raynaud – $L_p$-spaces associated with a von Neumann algebra without trace: a gentle introduction via complex interpolation
- Haskell P. Rosenthal – Banach and operator space structure of $C^*$-algebras
- Th. Schlumprecht – How many operators exist on a Banach space?
- Geoffrey V. Wood – Maximal algebra norms
- András Zsák – On Banach spaces with small spaces of operators
- Artem Zvavitch – A remark on $p$-summing norms of operators