Accredited universities and colleges in North America (United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean) are eligible for Institutional Membership. Membership is available to institutions with or without graduate programs in mathematics and to two-year colleges with varying membership benefits and dues. See a complete roster of participating institutions.
Institutional Member Benefits
- 20% off most AMS books and journals in our highly respected collection of mathematical literature (one discount per title; the publication purchased is not for resale).
- 20% off AMS/MAA Press titles for domestic institutional members
- 20% off AMS eBook Collections
- 16% off MathSciNet®, the premier AMS service for searching almost 3 million items and over 1.7 million direct links to original articles of mathematical sciences literature.*
- 20% off advertising rates in AMS publications such as the Notices of the American Mathematical Society, the Society's journal of record with circulation of more than 30,000.
- 20% off Mailing lists rental. Our list of mathematicians and other scientists is quite likely the richest source of researchers and educators you'll find anywhere.
*The discount is available to all departments and libraries on the same campus, provided orders are placed either directly with the AMS or through a participating agent.
Complimentary Nominee Memberships (Graduate Students and Faculty)
- Nominee Members are individuals (graduate students and faculty) appointed by the department of mathematics of member institutions and are considered regular individual members of the Society who do not pay dues during the period they are nominated.
- Institutions with a graduate program in the mathematical sciences can nominate all regularly enrolled graduate students for individual membership.
- Institutions that do not have a graduate program in mathematical sciences are entitled to nominate up to four (4) individuals for membership.
- At least one (1) of these nominated members must be a regularly enrolled student. The remaining nominations may be faculty members.
- Additional nominated student memberships may be purchased for $50.
** The nomination process for graduate students occurs in early fall. Each institutional member will receive a letter in the mail about the opportunity to renominate, nominate, or drop student memberships. The form for this will be available online at that time, accessible through the email notification only (the link for the form is given in the letter).
Institutional Membership Dues
Annual dues of Institutional Members are set by action of the Council of the Board of Trustees of the American Mathematical Society and are based on the level of mathematical activity at the institution. The AMS membership year extends from January through December. Contact us to inquire about joining as an institution.